VELO Sports Center
See the VELO Sports Center Seating Map
Welcome to the VELO Sports Center located on the 125-acre Home Depot Center complex in Carson, Calif., just outside of Downtown LA to the north and Long Beach to the south. The VELO Sports Center is a 100,000 square foot, $15 million specially designed 250 -meter indoor wood bicycle racing track. The VELO Sports Center is also a part of The Home Depot Center's partnership with the USOC as an Official U.S. Olympic Training Site and is the home track to USA Cycling's national track cycling program. The VELO Sports Center hosts training and international competition for the world's elite cyclists, as well as classes open to the public, at all skill levels.
The VELO Sports Center, America's largest indoor velodrome, is committed to the growth of the sport of cycling. Youth, beginner, intermediate, and advanced training programs are available to those curious about riding the velodrome all the way to aspiring Olympic and World Championship athletes.
- VSC Winter Training Series With Two-Time Olympian Adam Duvendeck
- A message from Velodrome Director Adam Duvendeck
- US Sprint Team Starts Training at Velo Sports Center
For Racing information go to lavelodrome.org
- The Velo Sports Center is the first and only permanent indoor track of international standard in North America.
- The Velo Sports Center is a national training center for USA Cycling and is the home track of USA World Champion Sarah Hammer
- 2,450-seat capacity, all with great sight lines
- 250-meter international size track
- Approximately 33 miles of Siberian Pine were used to create the cycling track
- Track circumference at measuring line: 250 meters
- Track width: Seven meters
- Maximum inclination: 45 degrees
- Maximum speed on track:
About 53 mph (85 km/h)